Signify Technology are working with one of the largest eCommerce companies, who are a household name worldwide. For over a decade they have been revolutionising the way to shop online. They are now looking to expand their world-class technology team in Amsterdam.
With several different large e-commerce website held by this group, they are looking to merge multiple of their platforms based in the UK, Belgium and the Netherlands. By valuing disruption in a positive way, looking to upskill and innovate consistently they are managing to create a progressive platform.
As a Scala Developer you will be joining the core platform team within a 'start-up like environment' as you would be working in a small team and will be working alongside like-minded individuals on this vast scale project.
Once the current project has been completed there is a high chance of extension and the opportunity to begin working on a greenfield project.
- Creating scalable applications
- Scale the solution and support the beta launch
- Build an engaging relationship with the users
- Keep on developing the product based on feedback
- Bring new ideas to continually develop
Skills & Experience
- Skilled Scala Developer
- Previous Java background is beneficial but not required
- Ability to develop highly scalable platforms
- Utilise DevOps tools such as; Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins
- Professional knowledge of Cassandra
- Advocate for Agile including TDD and BDD
- Based in The Netherlands is preferable - alternatively willing to relocate quickly
Are you the developer my client is looking for? If this sounds like this could be your next role then apply by clicking the button below and provide me with your updated CV so I can get in touch to discuss further!