We are currently working with an innovative and forward thinking Media Tech company in the United States, looking for Senior Scala Engineer to join their backend team in New York on a minimum 3 month contract, starting asap. Up to $80 per hour dependent on experience.
You will be joining a highly collaborative team of geographically distributed, like-minded engineers, helping to design and improve quality of products run on the micro-service platform. Working in a data-driven environment, you must be a quick learner with an ambitious and dedicated approach to improving performance from yourself and your team, using you both you technical and soft skills. So if you a confident developing in Functional Scala, have a passion for complex algorithms and can see yourself working in the environment mention above, this could be the next contract for you.
Skills Required For This Role
- 2+ years Commercial Scala experience in a production environment
- Architecture and design experience with high performance and distributed scalable applications
- Strong knowledge in AKKA, Java or C#
- Hands on experience with infrastructure tools e.g. Jenkins, Docker, Vagrant, Puppet etc.
- Deep understanding of both OO and Functional Principles
- Excellent Communication Skills and willingness to provide mentoring to colleagues
- Masters / Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Nice to Have
- Understanding or Cloud Resources - AWS