Signify Technology are working with a FinTech company based in the heart of Tokyo that are looking for multiple Scala Engineers to build on their existing team. This client is looking for outstanding and enthusiastic Scala engineers to join their multi-cultural and diverse team. The client offers relocation packages and sponsorship for the right candidates and added bonuses and benefits. Japan is a very fast-moving location and this client is constantly adapting the way they do things to keep up with this.
- Support in the design and development of new and existing platforms, services and features
- Working closely with other teams to implement and improve internal and external processes
- Problem solving – owning the process from end to end. You will use a variety of technologies to achieve this.
- Suggesting and implementing new technologies and procedures that may be better suited to the task at hand.
- Maintain, design and suggest ideas for improvement on existing features for stability and performance
You should be
- Passionate and enthusiastic about functional programming with a keen interest to learn new skills.
- Able to interact and work with multicultural teams
- Able to adapt to new situations and locations quickly
- Wanting to take your career to the next level and begin to lead other team members
Skills & experience
- Proficient in Scala and Akka
- Have experience with functional programming or at least have a deep understanding of its concepts
- Experience with the Cats library
- Experience in high-performance, big data systems
- Be a great communicator and able to collaborate effectively with various teams
- Familiar with Cassandra, Kafka or similar
- It would be great if you have experience in Docker Swarm and/or Kubernetes
- Able to speak and write in English to a high standard
If you think you could have what our client is looking for then please reply with an updated CV, your availability and salary expectations and we will get in touch with you straight away!