The client is working in location-based data and analytical advertising. The client has a long list of impressive global brands that they have assisted over the years by helping them understand their customer and increase attraction and retention.
They are an international company with offices around the world with global culture and scale. This position is located at their London based headquarters.
They are ventured back, financially successful & stable and are excited to continue growing!
- Design, build, monitor and manage large-scale batch/streaming data-processing products.
- Design, build, monitor and manage ETL pipelines.
- Support, mentor and pair with other members to help increase the capability and capacity of the team.
- Participate in an on-call rota to support systems in production.
- Identify and take advantage of new and innovative opportunities for commercial and technical growth.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists and other engineers to implement and optimize machine learning algorithms and pipelines.
- 5+ years direct experience solving complex, large-scale data challenges.
- Mastery of either Python or Scala within data-intensive use cases.
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Presto, or other traditional big data tools.
- Experience optimizing Spark, Hive, or similar operations at both code and configuration levels.
- Familiarity with orchestration frameworks like Luigi, Airflow, or Oozie.
- Full-stack understanding of data analytics and ingestion engineering from deployment through to monitoring.
- Hands-on implementation and architectural familiarity with streaming data relational and non-relational databases, orchestration frameworks, and distributed processing technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of cloud-based services (AWS, GCP)
- Excellent working understanding of server-side Linux.
- Experience integrating and consuming data from third-party API’s desirable.
- Experience with Java and JVM optimization.
Company Benefits (some not all):
Alongside the opportunity to work with a market leader in an ever-growing and in-demand tech space there is a long list of additional perks to the job – I have included some but not all to make it that bit more attractive!
- Free breakfast
- Free eye tests
- Casual dress every day
- An extra bank holiday (yes, in addition to all the regulars)
- Day off on your birthday
- Beer Friday, to help bring the weekend in…
- …an early finish on Fridays!
- Fresh fruits
- Subsidised gym memberships
- Great pension plans
- …and competitive packages.
Please submit your application and I will be in touch.
Over the past 2.5 years, we have successfully placed over 300 engineers across 17 countries in close to 100 tech companies – I am sure to have at least a few opportunities available that would be of interest.
I look forward to hearing from you.