About the company
Our client is an innovative company that has created an app with over 100 million downloads, it has now become the largest app of its kind! The company only launched in 2015 which shows how successful they have become very quickly and they now have offices in two countries with over 165 employees. It has been named “best app” by google and has become the second fastest growing app in America since it launched.
They are looking for a senior big data engineer who wants to build something huge, working alongside a great team whilst carrying out impactful work! They need someone who can collect and process data for hundreds of sources daily. They need to be able to work alongside the data scientists to develop experiments and find solutions to production. You will be able to design highly scalable, concurrent and robust data architectures whilst ensuring product and technical features are delivered on time.
You will need
- Streaming processing tools such as Kafka / Kinesis, Storm, Flink, Spark streaming
- Data storage with any of the following - Cassandra, HBase, Elastic Search, Solr, Redshift, any NoSQL or graph databases
- Batch processing with Hadoop or Spark
- Ideally have Machine Learning knowledge
- Ideally have knowledge of Scala
- Team-building activities
- Medical care
- Lovely new offices
- Relocation packages