An innovative technology start-up are looking for their next Scala Engineer to help develop and deliver their game changing utility analytics products. This client is reshaping the energy sector and require an outstanding and enthusiastic software engineer to help them achieve this.
- Support in the design and development of new applications and features based on clients' needs
- Determine issues and research and implement resolutions
- Provide support to client facing application support teams on a secondary level, troubleshoot and find solutions
- Design and deliver the lifecycle of a system/feature
- Suggesting and implementing new technologies and procedures that may be better suited to the task at hand.
You should be
- A great team player
- Enthusiastic and forward thinking
- Looking for your next challenge
- A functional programming enthusiast
Skills & experience
- Supporting technologies eg - Play, Akka, Shapeless, ScalaTest and Cats
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience using Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of JVM's
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, Cassandra
- Experience using EC2, S3 and Route 53
- Understanding of Google's Tensorflow used for Machine Learning
If you think you could have what our client is looking for then please reply with an updated CV, your availability and salary expectations and we will get back to you.
If scala conferences are your thing, you are presumably attending Scala by the Bay in San Francisco, if you’re not, why not enter our competition to win tickets and return flights for you and an industry friend? Good Luck!