Using a refreshing and innovative approach this client has managed to change the face of UK television and making them one of the worlds largest broadcasters. With big ambitions and high hopes, they are driving growth across the entire business, resulting in a fascinating, fast-moving and fun place to work. In order to keep up with the ever-increasing demand, they are looking for an experienced Java developer, who is knowledgeable and passionate about technology to join their team.
- Design, develop and test new micro-service applications.
- Work with other developers to share and receive knowledge.
- Create applications that scale predictably, facilitate development across multiple developers and teams and promote maintainability and extensibility.
- Maintain and contribute to software delivery principles and guidelines based on company standards and industry best practice.
What you will need to be considered for this role:
- Extensive development experience with Java, JMS
- Experience with configuration and build tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Team City, Gradle.
- Monitoring tools such as Prometheus and Grafana.
- Applied knowledge of software engineer best practice and multiple software development methodologies (Scrum, XP)
- Applied knowledge of design patterns and SOLID principles
- Applied knowledge of the principles of TDD & BDD and the benefits that are realised.
- In-depth experience of working with API’s (REST etc).
Bonus points for the following:
- Familiarity with Active MQ, Kafka, Camel, noSQL databases.
- Familiarity with developing for containerisation and orchestration tools such as Docker, Rancher and Kubernetes.
- Experience with or understanding of Performance and Resilience testing.
- Experience working with non-technical business staff to discuss timescales, requirements and acceptance criteria
- Examples of work on Github.
If you have some but not all of the above please get in touch – I’d still like to speak with you regarding similar opportunities I have in London.
Signify Technology Group
Signify Technology is an innovative technology recruitment business with our head office based in the heart of London. We provide permanent and contract technology recruitment solutions to a wide range of the world's leading brands on a global basis including blue chip, technology companies and start-ups. Behind each piece of technology changing the world, is a person, it's our mission to introduce them to the companies that need them the most.