Signify Technology are working with a client who are looking for a Head of Engineering to join their team. This client is looking for a natural leader with strong experience in managing teams and ready to embark on the next stage in their career. The role is based in Oslo but the company also have offices in New York. Their technology stack is built on Scala, Play, Kafka, SBT, Finagle, Spark and related tech. They have a great culture, teamwork is a huge thing and they offer bonuses and countless benefits for all employees.
You will be responsible for managing the clients engineering teams, including tech leads and engineering managers. You will become an expert in the clients’ products, systems and architecture and be able to live and breathe the company’s values and ethos. As well as this, you will drive collaboration throughout the different teams and across the different office locations. You will report to the SVP Engineering who is based in New York.
You should be
- A strong and experienced leader
- Can take responsibility for your own work load and that of your teams
- Hands on experience as a developer/technical architect in previous roles
- Can communicate effectively with your teams
- Remain focused and keep the end sight in goal while maintaining a strong work ethic and be an example to team members
- Regarded by your team as a strong technologist and leader
- Passionate about agile methodologies
Skills & experience
- Strong experience in leading teams across the globe
- Outstanding project management experience
- Be a great communicator and able to collaborate effectively with large teams
- Experience building and managing engineering teams
- Able to speak and write in English to a high standard
If you think you could have what our client is looking for then please reply with an updated CV, your availability and salary expectations and we will get in touch with you straight away!