I am working with a focused and passionate tech company with their HQ based in London. They use data and analytics to help their customers make the most of their branding and they are one of the fastest growing companies in their field and they show no signs of slowing down. They partner with some of the biggest digital companies in the world and they now have more than 24 offices across the globe. They have an exciting future ahead of them and they are looking for an Engineering Manager to join them on this journey.
Your role as an Engineering Manager will be to oversee the progress and development of a cross functional engineering team. You will help to build, lead and manage your team ensuring that they are able to support and deliver on the business-critical needs. You will lead by example and be a technical hero that your engineers will look to for inspiration. An expert in your field, you will have a good understanding of the technology the company adopts and in true team player style, you will be able to take a hands-on approach to training your engineers and showing them how things should be done if this is needed. You will help to enforce best practices across the business and will be able to come up with new ideas and implement these. Your views will be valued and you will have the autonomy to drive these forward, creating a fantastic engineering culture along the way.
· Proven experience managing large teams of between 10 and 15 engineers
· Experience building, growing and recruiting new members for the team
· Able to effectively hold reviews and 121’s with your team and can provide support and development plans
· Experience working with Big Data and having a great knowledge of our tech stack listed below:
- Scala and/or Python
- SQL, Cassandra, MongoDB
· Experience working with and building Rest API’s
· Have a good understanding of data warehouses
· Come from an algorithmic background, ideally with a Computer Science degree or similar
· Must write clean and scalable code
· Experience working with Agile methodologies
· Must speak and write in English
If you think you could have what our client is looking and this role sounds like something you could get passionate about, then please contact me for more details!