I am currently working with an exciting Award winning Fintech organisation within the heart of Zurich who are the creators of a market leading product. This is an opportunity to work within a successful business who are growing and a steady rate. Greenfield projects will be a constant part of the role which allow your team to work on some of the latest functional development processes. The recently restored office space is up there with the best! You will be within a brilliant working environment as well as having multiple luxuries including an onsite restaurant and café for your use, gym and entertainment complex all completely free of charge to name a few.
You will be managing a highly talented team of Engineers who are developing with functional languages that include Scala, Golang, Clojure and Java. The product has a high volume of traffic that operates on a large scale microservice distributed systems. Your team has full exposure to the complete development lifecycle of your project and product from the initial designs and architecture to development, testing, release and monitoring. You will be expected to drive the current Engineering team forward whilst still being technically strong yourself. You will be a pivotal figure within the team and looked up to as a leader and mentor. You’ll be leading from the front and guiding more junior team members to better themselves and hit the next levels whilst undertaking performance reviews. This is a great opportunity to work within an enjoyable environment with a technical strong social team whilst continuing to improve and progress both technically and professionally.
What They Expect
- Knowledge of at least one of the following languages: Scala, Go, Clojure, Java or C++
- Experience working with a product that allows multiple users to complete multiple transactions simultaneously
- Ideally 2-4 years commercial experience managing an Engineering team size between 5-15 team members
- You’re an excellent trouble-shooter and possess great problem solving skills
- You’re a proven leader that is able to get the best out of your team
- Communication is key so you must have great verbal and written comms
- You have experience developing your Engineers careers and performing their performance reviews
- A BSc or higher within Software Engineering, Computer Science or another related field
Ideally you’re already based in Zurich or close by in Europe. The team are happy to speak with the right Engineers who are looking to relocate to Zurich for this role and will be able to assist with a working visa if you’re originally from outside of Switzerland.
If the above is of interest to you or you’d like to find out more then please feel free to either apply to the role or get in touch with me on +44 (0) 203 865 0621 / email@example.com