Backend Software Engineer
£100,000 per annum
Working for a fast growth London-based start-up you will be using innovative technologies on a completely greenfield project. You will be working with a team who have experience of building, growing and exiting successful tech businesses.
You will working within an experienced and growing team to build multiple products in the Tech space. You will mostly be working in Scala on a wide range of tasks.
Key duties and responsibilities
● Writing well-tested, clean and performant code according to feature requirements
● Engineering designs and architectures for a scalable, distributed microservices platform
● Taking ownership of tasks, communicating ideas and decisions throughout the team and ensuring tasks are fully completed with high quality
● Building innovative tools and applications primarily using Scala
● Assessing technology choices and integrating third party products
● Writing unit and functional tests as standard
● Using docker, CoreOS and other clustering technologies to provide a scalable continuous deployment focused platform
● Carrying out load and performance tests when necessary and optimizing pipelines for performance
● Following an agile process and contributing to continuous improvement of the process
Skills and requirements
● Scala or any JVM language.
● Build pipeline knowledge (git, build, test, CI etc.)
● Reactive programming
● Big data will be advantageous (Kafka, Cassandra and Spark)
● Knowledge of testing
Please respond with an updated CV, your availability and salary expectations for consideration