Lead DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer with experience using either Scala, Java or Python to program with an expertise with Unix/Linux administration is required to come on board to manage a small growing team. You will be exposed to the full development life-cycle including the initial design, monitoring and analysis to the testing a release.
What They Expect
- Expertise within a Linux/UNIX environment including Scripting skills
- Great commercial experience using either Scala, Java or Python
- Have been exposed to the full development lifecycle from the initial designs through to implementation, testing and release
- Indepth knowledge and experience of release management and application management
- Experience troubleshooting skills with Networks/Applications
- Excellent troubleshooting skills both technically and with your humans
- You're an excellent communicator verbally and can also type a smashing email too
- Must be a great team player who works well with others toward an end goal
- Ideally you have a MSc or a PhD. educational background in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading financial analytics organisation based in the heart of London. You will be working for a business with a prestigious history and a truly global market stamp with some of the biggest names in the financial, investment and asset management industry. Their bar is high but this is a professional and technical challenge that doesn't come around every day. With year on year growth this organisation is truly dominating their field equalling in continued growth and investment within the Engineering arm.
You will be a key player within the Engineering arm of the company helping to build a truly unique financial analysis platform. This is a customer facing platform so it is vital work is of the highest standard enabling the client journey to be successful. You will be leading a small team who collaborate closely with development, platform releases, new design monitoring whilst be responsible for the performance and uptime of the platform. There will be a variety of experience levels within the team so you should be technical advice, supporting more junior colleagues around you whilst passing on your expertise. This is a completely greenfield project so you will have the ability to exposed to the full development life-cycle from the initial plans and architecture through to the development, tests and releases.
The development team is working in a highly functional development manner as well as working with high volumes of data so this is an excellent opportunity for those who love functional programming and wish to broaden their knowledge in this method pf programming. You will be working closely with the development team as well as multiple business critical teams and QA's as part of the platform release.
- Market Leading Basic Salary's
- Performance Bonuses
- Life insurance and Pension schemes
- Private Health and Dental Cover
- Gym Memberships
- Training budget for all
- Career Progression