|Job title||Sr. Scala Engineer|
|Location||United States of America|
|Contact name:||Sean Urbain|
|Published:||October 13, 2021 6:06|
Our new client is a functional Scala shop that provides capital and marketing services to the entertainment, travel and restaurant industries! This company helps use a centralized platform and functional programming in Scala to create unique customer experiences for consumers with large daily customer traffic.
In this position, there are two main teams, their B2B and B2C teams, both working on on the applications for the clients, and part of the consumer product team using typelevel Scala stacks.
Some other benefits to working with this company:
- Unique travel/restaurant rewards
- Unlimited PTO and fully remote work
- Work on impactful greenfield Scala projects and be a foundational member of the growing Scala team
- Very competitive compensation and benefits
- Learn functional Scala frameworks like cats, zio, akka and more from distinguished developers!
- Participate in practices like: TDD, BDD, standups and collaborative knowledge sharing through their cross-functional teams
- Actively hiring throughout Q4, lock down a new position to go into the new year!
The coolest thing about this client is that you do not need to possess a functional scala background in order to qualify! They are willing to upskill any engineers in functional Scala as long as they are passionate about Scala and want to learn FP! The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- 2+ years of development with Scala
- Strong understanding of or openness to learn functional and OOP programming principles
- Background working with and designing event driven architecture
Nice to haves:
- Background with functional Scala paradigms like cats, FS2, zio or similar
- Experience working with underlying architecture tools like Kubernetes, Docker or immutable infrastructure
- Background working on B2B or B2C products
These positions will fill fast as the market is incredibly hot right now! If interested, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org today to be considered!