|Job title||Sr. Scala Engineer|
|Contact name:||Sean Urbain|
|Published:||August 30, 2021 5:00|
Our new client is a direct rival of the likes of Netflix and Hulu! This streaming client has just received an incredible $500M valuation and is looking to continue dominating the streaming service industry by growing out 3 greenfield Scala teams to help scale and architect the next generation of media.
In this role, you will have a unique opportunity to:
- Get in on the ground floor of a pre-IPO, heavily-valuated company. Assist in the foundational pieces of building out a greenfield team.
- Work with large data sets and real-time data processing features.
- Gain tremendous knowledge with Akka and building low latency services.
- Mentor and be mentored by other distinguished developers.
- Attend/speak at Scala conferences and contribute to Scala open-source projects to grow your personal Scala brand.
- Gain access to a premium streaming service your friends and family know and use daily!
As stated above, this role is incredibly data-streaming heavy, so the ideal Scala developer will need to have:
- Extensive experience building micro services and distributed systems using Scala.
- Prior experience with streaming using Kafka or Akka streams and gRPC.
- 3+ years of Scala experience.
- Background with the Play framework and AWS services a nice plus!
This position is fully remote, but involves PST working hours, so west coast (CA residents) highly preferred, but all qualified applicants are welcome. This role will pay handsomely, with base salaries up to 230k + a bonus structure! It also comes with a tremendous benefits and unlimited PTO structure, as well as a globally recognized name. If this position is of interest to you, I encourage you to apply! Send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration!