Software Engineer (Scala, TypeScript, Clojure, Node, Java, Docker and React)
In this role you can expect to come across Scala, TypeScript, Clojure, Node, Java, Docker and React. The services are also run in AWS, GCP and Azure.
As a Software Engineer, you will build and scale a distributed system as well as planning, designing and building solutions while focusing on user value and objectives of the business. You will also be tasked with constantly thinking of technical and product improvements which will be communicated, debated and brainstormed with a team of highly skilled and talented engineers. The platform is written in Scala and incorporates functional programming principles which will relate to event streams.
Our client is based in London, they operate within the utilities industry and they are one of the biggest names in the UK. Due to their collaborative and innovative culture, they have built their strong reputation by putting enormous emphasis on creating innovative technology with the goal of making it easier for people to manage and lower their energy costs. They have recently been listed in the Sunday Times’ Top 20 list of best companies to work for which is just one of the many awards that they have won. They promote a collaborative and innovative culture which has played a massive part in the success and evolution over the years. They offer many benefits such as competitive salaries, free breakfasts, Opportunity to get involved with Meetups, Tech Talks, and Conferences, 5 days’ holiday + an extra day for your birthday.
- Developing and improving products that help the environment and positively impact millions of different people.
- You will own products from conception to delivery and expect to make continuous improvements.
- Be expected to work within teams in order to collaborate to find the best possible way to benefit the end customer
- You will be constantly expected to seek opportunities to improve your knowledge and strengthen your expertise.
- Competitive Salaries
- Sunday Times’ top 20 list of the best companies to work for.
- 25 days’ holiday + an extra day for your birthday.
- Opportunity to get involved with Meetups, Tech Talks, and Conferences
- Free breakfasts