We are working an Ad-tech company based in London. They are a global provider of data-led, programmatic ad-buying solutions for display channels and provide businesses with accurate location data and in-depth behavioural insights that serve digital content to audiences that are on the go. The position is for a Software Engineer with strong programming and analytical skills to join a vibrant and enthusiastic engineering team. The current systems generate approximately 350GB per hour, distributed over many servers. Current ecosystem is based on tools including Scala, Spark, Cassandra, Redshift, Druid, Redis and Postgres that allows us to retrieve, process, merge, compare and warehouse data for intensive analysis. Once centralised, the data is used to generate complex reports and insight.
- Great opportunity to work for a market leader in the digital advertising space, with groundbreaking technologies.
- Develop custom solutions to problems in a new and growing industry.
- Innovative, open and friendly culture.
- Great office in Central London.
- An extensive list of additional benefits!!
- Self-motivated with experience of solving problems as part of a highly-qualified team.
- 3 years commercial software experience, preferably in media/advertising technology.
- Forward thinking and creative: You will find new and interesting ways to use the data to improve potential value.
- You will be responsible for building the data platform to solve problems and challenges, working with other teams in engineering.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of working with teams of approx 10-20 people
- Intermediate/advanced level Java/Scala language skills
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Good communication skills - written and verbal.
- Experience with large data sets – preferably Spark
- Basic knowledge of cloud-based services (Amazon Web Services is a plus!)
- Excellent knowledge of working with a relational data storage and one or more non-relational data stores (Redshift, Cassandra a plus).
- Working with Linux on the server-side, profiling, debugging JVN based apps
Please send me your CV and I will be in touch ASAP to find out more about yourself.
If you have some but not all of the requirements for this role, I would still love to hear from you.
We have opportunities for candidates with all levels of experience and would be happy to help you find your ideal position.