|Job title||Software Engineer|
|Location||United States of America|
|Contact name:||Bailie Schira|
|Published:||January 7, 2022 6:00|
We have an opportunity with a unique client that is seeking a Software Engineer to work with a team of peers to build out a new platform from the ground up. As a member of the team, you will work closely with other software engineers, BAs, and stakeholders to design and develop a new rewards fast data platform and all the supporting applications. We are looking for passionate problem solvers that are highly focused, agile, and who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative and team-centric environment using the latest technologies.
Perks of this opportunity:
- Exposure to some of the most modern and innovative technologies and intensive functional programming.
- Fully remote environment with strong emphasis on work-life balance.
- Work with Scala as your primary language!
- Unique benefits involving restaurant and travel discounts!
- Work on technologies like: cats, FS2, HTTP4S, and other FP projects.
- Continuously improving, refining, and refactoring software and collaborate cross-functionally with product/project managers.
- Underlying architecture: Kubernetes, AWS Fargate/ECS, Docker, Immutable infrastructure
- Technologies: Scala, Type-level stacks like: Cats, FS2, HTTP4S, Akka, Kafka, Postgres SQL, Elastic Search, Kibana, AWS S3
- Tools: Intellij, Gitlab (VCS/CI), Team City, Postman, Slack, Jira
The ideal candidate will have:
- BS in Computer Science, (or equivalent experience)
- 2+ years of Scala development experience
- Experience on an Agile delivery team
- Understand, articulate, and conform to core functional and OOP programming principles.
- Experience working with and designing event driven architectures
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery using Git, Team City or similar tools
- A commitment to developing solid, tested, high performing valuable software
- Experience working with or an affinity for Akka or FP is a huge added bonus!
- Ability to collaborate with a wide variety of people with varying technical skill sets and business knowledge
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Must be able to quickly assess problems and determine proper steps to resolution.
This position is fully remote in the US, and working Chicago(central time zone) hours. It will pay handsomely with base salaries up to 200k and an awesome benefit package! If this position is of interest to you, I encourage you to apply! Send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration! This position is highly sought after and will fill quickly! We are sending first batch of candidates this and next week, if interested reach out to me today to be considered and sent in this batch!