|Job title||Scala Developer – Scala – Akka – Play!/Spray – Spring MVC|
|Salary:||Up to £90,000 (depending on experience)|
|Contact name:||Carl Baird|
|Published:||March 13, 2019 9:39|
Scala Developer – Scala – Akka – Play!/Spray – Spring MVC
This role gives you the opportunity to work with the following tech stack: Scala/Java – Kafka – PostgresSQL - Cassandra
You will become an integral part in one of the largest teams which focus is on connecting the power of technology, within the medical sector, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personal health service which is available online to anyone 24/7. You won’t just be part of another team, you will be part of something bigger, forging the future of healthcare by challenging the status quo.
This companies mission is to provide an accessible and affordable healthcare platform globally that you can use anywhere in the world. It allows customers to utilise an online network of healthcare professionals making treatment more accessible and convenient.
- Great compensation levels including a share scheme
- Free Babylon for you and your family
- Beautiful offices in the heart of Chelsea
- Free healthy breakfast & snacks
- On-site table tennis and video game competitions
- Regular social gatherings and an intimate, collaborative environment
- Free weekly football or yoga sessions
- Pension Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- BUPA health and life insurance
- You are proficient with either Scala or Java
- You can apply reliable system design skills with experience working on scalable architectures
- You have developed Rest APIs extensively and stream-based applications (preferably Kafka)
- You have worked with both SQL (e.g. Postgres) and NoSQL data stores (e.g. Cassandra)
- You ensure quality is essential and can write unit, integration and performance tests with ease.
- You take full ownership of the development process with experience in DevOps and CI/CD.
- You are open to helping on the full stack when needed & collaborating closely with iOS and Android engineers.
- Ideally, have experience with functional programming and Distribute systems.
- BSc or MSc degree in computer science or relatable field.
- You are generally positive and enthusiastic.
- You love sharing your knowledge and experience with fellow developers.
- Agile is in your genes so changing direction is not a problem
- You are always open to new ideas and love to bring new ideas to discussions.