The tech stack includes: Scala, Java, Akka (http, streams, persistence), Docker, Cassandra
In this role you will be developing microservices based on Akka written in Scala/Java scaling them out using sharding and clustering techniques. Using Docker you will containerise microservices to improve testability and you will design REST and message based API’s. You will have the opportunity to work closely with architects to give feedback on designs and ensure there is constant improvement on the architecture and general development lifecycle.
The company is a sports and betting application which is a fast-growing, fast-paced environment. Culture is extremely important to them, resulting in a very collaborative environment giving you the opportunity to work closely with and learn from quality developers. The engineering teams receive great investment to help with ongoing growth and development.
- Knowledge of the Akka Framework – preferably (Http, Streams, Persistence).
- 2+ years hands on experience with Scala.
- Knowledge of databases Cassandra, Mongo, DynamoDB
- Experience with Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Experience working with microservices.