|Job title||Senior to Staff Scala Software Engineer|
|Location||United States of America|
|Contact name:||Jordan Little|
|Published:||September 19, 2022 7:03|
Senior to Staff Scala Software Engineer
$180,000 to $200,000 salaried plus supplemental pay
Direct Hire / Permanent for US Candidates
Regular 4 Day Work Week
Must be eligible to work within the USA without Sponsorship
Looking for a Scala Engineer to build the next generation of services for online and mobile banking products. You will help ensure that services stay current through the newest development practices offering exciting user experiences with secured data. Along with your team, you will collaborate cross-functionally to build tools/processes to scale their rapidly glowing platform.
Ideally looking for Senior-Level candidate with 6 years’ experience, but willing to hire for Staff-Level candidates with 10+ years’ experience.
- In a micro-service architecture: build, test, deploy, maintain, scale back-end services in Scala, event streaming w/ Kafka, relational databases w/ Postgres.
- Work collaboratively with engineers to identify needs, prioritize, plan, and develop solutions that align with product development.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of banking-related domains you and your team operates, with a solid grasp on how changes in those domains impact different products.
- Collaborate with customer support teams resolving/diagnosing problems.
- At least 6 years of professional programming experience
- At least 1 year of experience using Scala
- At least 1 year of backend programming & development experience
Nice to have:
- BS in Computer Science desirable
- Experience with micro-services architecture
- Ability to stay self-motivated and work independently