Senior Software Engineer (Scala, Java, Spark, Python)
This role will require a tech stack of Scala, Java, and Python. Experience with Spark or the Hadoop ecosystem will be an advantage, but it is not essential.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be joining a team of developers and data scientist who are tasked with developing the company’s platform by using technologies such as Spark and Scala to bring together and publish a unique collection of scientific data. You will also be making use of techniques such as pair programming and test-driven development.
Our client is based in London and they are known for developing a high-quality web platform that is used to provide information and analytics to individuals in the science and healthcare industries. This company operates on a global scale and has developed a strong reputation in their field for being incredibly innovative due to their constant work to develop and evolve their platform. The culture thrives off individuals who take great pleasure in coming up with new ideas and approaches and all member of the organisation are encouraged to contribute and collaborate in order to bring the best value to the end customer.
What the role involves:
- Developing applications with the goal of finding unique data collections.
- Constructing and building APIs to allow a customer to easily integrate with the applications.
- Using techniques such as pair programming, continuous delivery and test-driven development.
- Working closely with product managers and Data Scientist to develop high-quality software that meets standards.
What the company has to offer:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours when needed
- Bonus paid twice a year
- Percentage of flexible allowance on top of salary
- 26 Days of annual leave
- Opportunity to choose your laptop
- Investment into your personal training and development