Senior Software Engineer
Must be eligible to work in Norway but they will help with a Blue Card application.
Signify Technology are working with a cutting-edge marketing company based in Oslo & New York City. Their platform has been built on Scala since day one and have always made sure to be part of the Scala community through conferences and meetups.
Our client is the home to groundbreaking marketing opportunities, by using modern technologies and machine learning to take in and understand billions of data points, to reach out to the human population through all forms of technical devices used daily.
They are built on respect between one another and that goes all the way to their benefits. Some of the benefits include generous bonus scheme, 401k match and parental leave, unlimited paid time off and the chance to be part of community events such as Scala conferences and meetups in the USA and Europe.
Our client is looking for Senior Software Engineers to join their office in Oslo, Norway. You will work as a Senior member of the team where you will not just provide technical leadership but mentor junior members of the team to motivate and direct them in the right way.
All the teams within the company work together, it’s vital that you are able to work cross-functionally and are a team player.
Some daily responsibilities can include:
- Contribute regularly to the projects and open source
- Work independently and has a team through both hands-on coding and leadership
- Take responsibility for the full life cycle of development
- Code reviews
- Always drive passion and motivation with your team
You will have-
- BSc or Masters’ in Computer Science or a relevant field
- Hands-on programming experience in Scala (or Java with relevant Big Data technologies)
- Good knowledge of Big Data technologies such as; Spark, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), BigTable, Big Query, Scalding as well as Kubernetes and Machine Learning
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers
- Motivation and passion to inspire others within your team
- Experience dealing with large amounts of data and highly scalable projects
- Experience with data processing, parallel processing
- Architectural experience
- Distributed systems
If you think you could have what our client is looking for then please reply with an updated CV, your availability and salary expectations and we will get in touch with you straight away!
Signify Technology Group
Signify Technology are a forward-thinking technology recruitment business with our head office based in the heart of London. Signify Technology provide permanent and contract technology recruitment solutions to a range of clients from technology companies, global brands and start-ups globally. Behind each piece of technology changing the world, is a person, it’s our mission to introduce them to the companies that need them the most. We Look forward to working with you.