|Job title||Senior Software Engineer - Golang|
|Contact name:||Ian Kanewski|
|Published:||January 3, 2022 10:20|
Senior Software Engineer - Go
Our client is redefining the relationship between forward-thinking financial institutions and their customers. They leverage modern technology and an industry leading product vision to make user-friendly mobile and web apps.
What you and your team are working on:
The Senior Software Engineer participates and works with the team to provide APIs and web servers for a suite of single page applications as well as the online banking product. The APIs are first-class in nature and are consumed by both internal teams as well as teams outside of the organization.
Senior Software Engineers are constantly keeping apps up to date with the newest development and deployment practices to offer exciting user experiences for highly secured data.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Building, testing, deploying, maintaining, and scaling backend services in a microservices architecture using the Go programming language, relational databases (Postgres), event streaming (Kafka) and more.
- Working with your engineering teams to identify needs, prioritize and plan work, and develop solutions that keep pace with product development.
- Gaining a deep and comprehensive understanding of specific banking-related domains your team owns and working with and understanding how changes in those domains impact products.
- Participating with customer support teams to resolve or diagnose defects and issues.
What you’ll need to have:
- Minimum 3 years of programming experience.
- Minimum 1 year of programming experience with Go/Golang.
- Minimum 1 year of back-end programming/development experience.
Stand out with:
- Experience working in an microservices architecture.
- Experience with any or all of the following: CI/CD, observability and monitoring, PostgreSQL or other relational databases, Kafka and event-based systems, Docker and Kubernetes (PaaS/Container orchestration platform).
- Self-motivation and the ability to work with independence.
Note: Candidates must be located, and eligible to work, in the United States. We are unable to offer visa sponsorship at this time.