|Job title||Senior Software Engineer (Backend Scala, Remote)|
|Contact name:||Alec Bunnell|
|Published:||May 26, 2021 4:04|
Senior Software Engineer (Scala)
Fully remote position
$140,000 - 180,000
My client is a renowned, industry-leading SaaSOps & data security platform used by some of the biggest tech companies in the world. In addition to consistently building incredible, gamechanging products, they're also a staple on "Best Places to Work" lists around the country.
As the company continues to grow, they're looking to add senior- and mid-level Scala engineers to their team to work on new, exciting products – the likes of which are yet-unseen in the market.
With an extensive client base including companies like Zoom and Walmart now relying on this platform, it's a great time to get involved as the company continues to grow exponentially!
This is an opportunity to join a highly regarded engineering team to build software products and contribute to a growing stack of SaaS applications for the digital workplace. You will work primarily in functional Scala along with a tech stack consisting of GCP, Kafka, Java, ReactJS, and NoSQL.
- 3+ years in Scala development (either Akka / Play, Typelevel Cats / ZIO / Fs2 / http4s / etc., or plain old vanilla Scala)
- Experience building scalable products (especially with Docker & Kubernetes)
- Demonstrated experience writing automated tests
- Strong skills in building microservices & microservices architecture
- Passionate about the newest trends in software and an eagerness to learn
- The desire to be in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Nice to have: proven knowledge of Kafka, Flink, or other distributed stream-processing systems
What They Offer:
- Fully remote working provided with all necessary items for remote work station
- Competitive base salary w/ stock options
- Comprehensive benefits package