|Job title||Senior Software Engineer, Back End|
|Location||Toronto , Canada|
|Contact name:||Greg Peace|
|Published:||April 5, 2021 9:53|
Job DescriptionJob Description
*Remote until covid restrictions are lifted.
Are you looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join us – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Our team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Backend to work on key parts like our global header and growth experiences. You’ll be working with a world class team of engineers, designers, product managers, and analysts to create great products that make a difference on one of the world’s most trafficked and loved websites. Our technology stack includes Node.js front end app, Java/Scala based back-end with native iOS and Android applications.
The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of backend development experience working with high velocity teams. We only want to work with the best, and we’d love for you to join us.
- Exceptional programming skills in Java / Scala
- Experience building and consuming horizontally scalable RESTful API’s
- High focus on building scalable, reliable and high quality applications
- Experience with big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Flink, and Kafka is a plus
- Experience in Html, CSS, JS is a plus
- Experience with scrum or other agile software development methodology
- A constant desire to improve and learn
- Ability to write reusable and maintainable code
- Self-driven and ability to get things done
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years (or) a MS in Computer Science and 5+ years of software design and relevant experience.