Here at Signify we have partnered with a Data Analytics organisation that genuinely excites as well as interests us. This is a rare opportunity to work with some of the highest calibre Engineers within the market. It’s not uncommon for Engineering hires to come from the likes of Facebook, Microsoft, Google and Twitter or of similar ilk. They are currently trying to make a difference to the daily lives of millions with their already successful product. If you are able to answer the ‘Why’ in someone’s problem then you are capable of making the correct changes to benefit the individuals…This ‘Why’ is something they have been able to answer, thus making positive changing steps.
You will be given the chance to work on the full product development life-cycle right from the initial architecture design, development and testing all the way through to the deployment of the platform that is already processing billions of events per day. Data Scientists and Engineers work closely together so you will be collaborating smoothly creating scalable enterprise level solutions. The chance to work on Machine Learning projects which would include the implementation of accurate algorithms on an effective level. You will be testing new Scala and Spark pipelines which will be working on large volumes of terabyte data.
· And expert Software Engineer with experience using multiple languages which include functional programming preferably with Scala
· Have obtained previous experience building large scale computer systems that are highly available
· Extensive hands on commercial experience with practises such as TDD and CI
· A Bachelors degree preferably in either Mathematics or Computer Science as well as experience with algorithms and data structures
· You are an excellent communicator in English as well as being skilled in Mathematics
· Preferably you’ve already experienced working on development full life cycles
· Experience with Data Platforms including the Hadoop echo-system and Spark
· Knowledge of Machine Learning and statistics
· Commercial experience as either a Senior Engineer, Lead or an Architect
· In depth knowledge of databases and distributed systems
· Knowledge of PostGIS and PostgreSQL
· Great team player who is also willing to contribute to open source projects
If the above is something you’d be interested in finding more about then feel free to either apply for the role or contact me on either 0203 865 0621 / email@example.com