|Job title||Senior Software Engineer|
|Contact name:||Olivia Smith|
|Published:||September 14, 2021 11:01|
Are you looking for a fully remote opportunity based anywhere in the UK?
Would you like the opportunity to with high calibre team members working towards a common goal?
Do you get excited about the concept of working with and learning a varied tech stack including Java, Scala, Python, Spark, AWS, Kafka, Flink, Azure and GCP
Signify Technology have partnered with a firm who are the next generation of data-driven platforms and applications. Based in Australia, they have now expanded to the UK and are looking for talented Senior Software Engineers to work on their upcoming, exciting projects. You will have the opportunity to work among expert data strategists, architects, engineers, program managers and data scientists, at the forefront of the data revolution. Their mission is to assist their clients in maximising the potential of their data assets.
A typical day may include:
- Developing and deploying complex software systems
- Actively participating in solution design workshops to provide guidance on implementation methods
- Machines development, quality assurance, documentation and governance standard
- Assuring that all work is completed to the greatest possible standard
- Participate in company-wide seminars, tech talks, and educational events
- Work alongside a team dedicated to continuous learning and active participation in the technological community
- Work with and learn a range of technologies including Java, Scala, Python, Spark, AWS, Kafka, Flink, Azure and GCP
- Have an influence on projects from start to finish
- Contribute to a wide range of projects, including technological spikes and proof-of-concepts, as well as planning and developing large-scale platforms, applications, and big data and machine learning systems
What they are looking for:
- You have a strong desire to work with a variety of technologies and techniques that are best suited to the challenge at hand
- A great desire to work as part of a team and in collaboration with others
- You have previously worked on a variety of projects – from small software applications to large complicated systems that function at a large scale
- Communication and collaboration skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You have experience using JVM based programming languages: Scala, Java or Kotlin
- You have experience using streaming platforms like Kafka, Kinesis
- You have experience using processing frameworks and platforms like Spark, Flink, Kafka Streams
- Persistence using technologies including relational databases like Oracle, DB2 or Snowflake or columnar stores such as Cassandra, Hive or HBase
- DevOps tooling such as Terraform or CloudFormation
If you believe you have the skills and experience that our client is searching for, then please respond with an updated CV, your availability, and your salary expectations and I will get in contact right away!