|Job title||Senior Software Engineer|
|Location||United States of America|
|Contact name:||Gracin Bell|
|Published:||August 1, 2022 6:14|
Mid to Principal Scala Developer - Multiple Openings
$160,000 to $180,000 salaried plus supplemental pay
Direct Hire/Permanent Position for Candidates in the United States
Must be eligible to work within the USA without Sponsorship
This team for our client is constantly keeping services up to date with the newest development practices to offer exciting user experiences with secured data. Your team also collaborates with the other teams to build tools/processes that help scale this rapidly growing platform.
We are committed to creativity and culture. Although the work environment echoes a modern tech startup, we have the security and benefits of a large publicly traded company. With an engineering team of less than 100, our client place’s high value on continued education and contribute to, while using, open-source projects.
Our team is highly distributed, which means you will work with talented individuals from across the United States. You’ll get the chance to choose your toolset, work with next-gen web technologies across the stack and contribute to things that are used by thousands of people.
We’re ideally looking for Mid-Level with 4 to 5 years of experience but also willing to hire a Senior-Level member with over 6 years of experience
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Building, testing, deploying, maintaining, and scaling backend services in a microservices architecture using Scala, relational databases with Postgres, event streaming with Kafka
- Working with the engineering teams to identify needs, prioritize/plan work, and develop solutions that stay in line with product development.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of specific banking-related domains your team operates with and understanding how changes in those domains impact the different products.
- Participating with customer support teams to resolve and/or diagnose problems.
What you’ll need to have:
- 4 years of professional programming experience.
- 1 year of experience using Scala.
- 1 year of back-end programming experience.
What would be nice for you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science is desired but not required.
- Experience with microservices architecture.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently