Guru Functional Scala/Haskell Developers are needed to join a Fintech team working with Haskell, Scala, Cats, Doobie, Monads, AWS and some Big Data within an Agile environment
- Expertise in Functional Programming – Scala or Haskell or a Great Java Developer looking to transition to FP
- Have been exposed to the full development lifecycle from the initial designs through to implementation, testing and release
- Hands on experience creating the best concrete API’s and SDK’s
- Excellent trouble shooting skills both technically and with your humans
- If you’ve obtained experience with Big Data then this is highly desirable
- You’re an excellent communicator verbally and can also type a smashing email too
- Must be a great team player who works well with others toward an end goal
- Ideally you have a MSc or a PhD. educational background in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading financial analytics organisation based in the heart of London. You will be working for a business with a prestigious history and a truly global market stamp with some of the biggest names in the financial, investment and asset management industry. Their bar is high but this is a professional and technical challenge that doesn’t come around every day. With year on year growth this organisation is truly dominating their field equalling in continued growth and investment within the Engineering arm.
You will be a key player within the Engineering arm of the company helping to build a truly unique financial analysis platform. This is a customer facing platform so it is vital work is of the highest standard enabling the client journey to be successful. There will be a variety of experience levels within the team so you should be technical advice, supporting more junior colleagues around you whilst passing on your expertise. This is a completely greenfield project so you will have the ability to exposed to the full development life-cycle from the initial plans and architecture through to the development, tests and releases.
The team is working in a highly functional development manner as well as working with high volumes of data so this is an excellent opportunity for those who love functional programming and want to continue expanding their abilities or for those that are looking to move in to a functional programming role next.
Currently the main language of choice is Scala as well as some Haskell but the team are also open for talented Java Developers who want to move over to Functional Programming…What an opportunity. There are endless opportunities to progress professionally as well, so if you have goals of moving in to managerial roles in the future then that is more than possible.
- Market Leading Basic Salary’s
- Performance Bonuses
- Life insurance and Pension schemes
- Private Health and Dental Cover
- Gym Memberships
- Training budget for all
- Career Progression
Ideally you’re already based in London or close by in Europe but this is not a necessity. This position does not offer sponsorship so you must either be a UK/EU Citizen or have a valid working permit that is NOT tied to another individual or company which includes Tier2 Visa’s.
If the above is of interest to you or you’d like to find out more then please feel free to either apply to the role or get in touch with me on +44 (0) 203 865 0621 / email@example.com