|Job title||Senior Scala Engineer/Developer (Scala, Akka, Kafka, Play, Kubernetes)|
|Location||New York, United States|
|Contact name:||Matthew Davie|
|Published:||February 10, 2021 12:41|
Senior Scala Engineer/Developer (Scala, Akka, Kafka
This role is for a Functional Scala Engineer to join a tech-focused FinTech company who whole a strong reputation throughout the Scala community across the US. The position is for the Backend Application team, hands-on, and able to start quickly.
An engineer interested in joining the backend team in building the Analytics platform for datasets ingested from APIs, remote databases, and purchased data feeds. You would help build systems for job scheduling, data anomaly/QA detection, process monitoring, and efficient storage/querying. The current infrastructure uses Scala, Play, Akka, Kafka, Postgres, and functional Scala libraries. The ideal candidate will have experience and opinions on database architecture and best practices when building high throughput data systems. This role offers the opportunity to take ownership of the sections of our architecture and offers technical freedom/creativity.
- Strong professional Scala experience
- Experience with functional programming (Cats, Scalaz, Shapeless for example)
- PostgreSQL / MySQL or other open-source database technologies
- Experience with end web development for high transaction consumer-facing website OR capital market experience (Not critical)
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to work in a lean team in a startup environment
- Opportunity to choose and work with cutting edge architectures and web services
- Breakfast and lunch are provided
- Free personal training sessions with our trainer at the office’s private gym