|Job title||Scala Developer - (Akka – CATS – Shapeless)|
|Salary:||Up to £90,000 (depending on experience)|
|Contact name:||Carl Baird|
|Published:||March 13, 2019 9:06|
Senior Scala Developer/Engineer (Akka – CATS – Shapeless)
This role provides the opportunity to work on the following tech stack: Scala, Akka, Cats, Shapeless & AWS.
The project involves building and scaling a distributed system focusing on user value and business objectives, by working in a highly collaborative and cross-functional team of talented designers, engineers & product owners. Their microservices platform is written in Scala that follows functional programming principles and connected with event streams. You will be planning, designing & building intelligent back-end systems that run smoothly alongside their front-end infrastructure by consistently monitoring, testing and improving your code. Another requirement will be driving both product and technical improvements by encouraging debate, collaboration and communicating your thoughts and successes to the whole team.
This company is leading from the front within the energy sector, they are continuously creating a challenging working environment, which has allowed them to be the first energy supplier to allow their pay as you go customers to top up from their mobile phones and show their energy usage in real-time. This has led to them being featured in Wired magazine for developing software that is truly unique and innovative.
What they offer:
- Working with Scala – Akka – Shapeless – Cats
- Be part of a team that is given total responsibility for designing, building, testing and running.
- Be an active part of the Scala community by attending conferences, meet-ups, hackathons & tech talks.
- Annual bonus
- Personal flexi allowance
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive compensation
- You are a backend engineer with at least 4 years of commercial experience building distributed systems in a multi-language environment.
- Functional programming commercial experience or a clear desire to learn it. (Github projects are great)
- Experience with REST and asynchronous event-driven programming
- Experience with CI/CD
- You care about writing quality code and take pride in your work.