|Job title||Senior Scala Developer - Akka, Shapeless, Spark & AWS|
|Salary:||Up to £90,000 (depending on experience)|
|Visa requirement:||Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location|
|Contact name:||Carl Baird|
|Published:||October 5, 2020 10:29|
Senior Scala Developer (Scala, Akka, Shapeless, Spark & AWS)
Location: Canary Wharf, London (Fully remote)
Salary – Negotiable (Depending on experience)
Our client London based client offers SaaS-based solutions for data analytics, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, insurance, & finance which makes it faster and easier to integrate all of the disparate data sources across the enterprise into unified analytics infrastructure to make better decisions.
As part of the Backend team, you will design and develop, elegant and performant code using Scala and making use of current tools such as Akka, Shapeless, Spark and Swagger. You will join a multi-disciplinary team of Data Scientists, Engineers and Solution experts with deep domain knowledge to develop new solutions for real-world client problems. Your work will include developing tools to support complex analytics, simulation modelling, deep learning, and artificial intelligence.
• Develop well-designed and high-performance Scala applications and services using scalable technologies like Akka and Akka HTTP for RESTful services
• Develop state-of-the-art analytics tools to support diverse tasks ranging from ad hoc analysis to production grade pipelines and workflows for customer applications
• Partner with Data Scientists and Analytics Engineers to improve performance and reliability of advanced algorithms
• Ensure high performance and availability of distributed systems and applications
• Interact directly with client project team members and operational staff to support live customer deployments
• 2+ years of professional software development experience
• Expert knowledge of Scala, sbt, Maven & Git
• Experience with Akka, Shapeless & Spark
• Experience with RESTful API development
• Effective testing and software quality assurance experience, including performance profiling, static analysis, and dynamic analysis.
• Experience with agile development methods
• Passionate about learning new technologies and solving complex problems
If you are a team player by nature and ready to take your next step into the exciting space of AI Risk Management, I want to hear from you. Interviews can be held via Zoom and we are looking to bring somebody on board ASAP, so only apply if you are happy to start asap. Please note, this role will be permanently remote with some very infrequent travel to the office in Canary Wharf.
Please apply within or drop me your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applicants within the UK who do not require sponsorship will be considered.