|Job title||Senior Scala Developer|
|Contact name:||Joe Yakiah|
|Published:||October 12, 2021 12:19|
Senior Scala Developer – up to £100,000
My client is one of Europe’s leading entertaining brands and are now looking for an experienced Senior Scala Developer to join their already successful team in London. A truly exciting and inclusive place to work – a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine.
They have a mission to give people a gloriously good package of entertainment through TV with broadband free from contracts. They give their employees work with agility and each have the power to change what they do and how they do it, so you will be offered much freedom in the role. Also developing technology to support other brands under their name across the US and Europe.
You will be responsible for:
- Deliver production-ready, tested software in small increments
- Take a proactive role on production issues and release management
- Support and maintain the live product (including first line support) along with the development team
- Collaborate with technical analysts and testers in the creation of backlog items, providing information such as cost estimates and technical risk
- Take an active role in story definition, working closely with testers and business stakeholders to identify and ensure acceptance criteria are satisfied
- Participate and lead when appropriate in daily stand-up meetings, reviews and retrospectives, contributing to the team’s technical direction and the improvement of its tools and processes
What skills are they looking for?
- Solid commercial experience as a Scala dev
- Strong TDD/BDD and unit testing skills
- NFT testing skills and experience with Gatling
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Passion for Agile software delivery and pair programming best practices
- Familiarity with continuous integration and delivery practices
- Background in software development for high traffic, high availability of large scale backend systems, as well as in monitoring tools such as Grafana and Prometheus
- Enthusiasm/aptitude for learning new skills and practices
If you are a talented Scala Developer that is seeking a new challenge get in touch to discuss this excellent opportunity asap! My email is firstname.lastname@example.org or, apply and I will be in touch.