|Job title||Senior Scala Developer|
|Contact name:||Joe Yakiah|
|Published:||July 2, 2021 11:58|
Senior Scala Developer (Dublin) – up to €140k
My client is one of Europe’s leading e-commerce companies and is now looking for a talented Scala Developer to join their Customer Platform team in Dublin to run key parts of the business. This will include Customer Data services, front-end components for their fashion store, and several core customer experiences.
You will be part of a high-performing team, building technologies that connect every part of the fashion industry.
What you’ll do:
- Your work will support millions of customers and much of their multi-billion euro business.
- Work on large-scale, business-critical data processing applications that provide customer data securely at low latency using technologies such as Scala, Akka, Redis, DynamoDB, Kafka, Postgres working on Kubernetes on AWS.
- Work to improve their services with leading-edge technologies and optimize the platform performance in terms of throughput, latency, security, and reliability.
- Share your knowledge with your colleagues helping them to grow their technical skills.
What they’re looking for:
- You are an experienced developer with strong Scala skills and a preference for coding in a functional style. Please note we cannot consider candidates without Scala experience at this time.
- You write clean code and also can teach others to do so.
- You have essential experience with event-driven engineering projects
- You are an expert at relevant product architecture and can evolve it over time.
- You have experience working in critical production environments and distributed systems development.
- Your ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with customers, product owners, and engineering peers.
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, discounts from external partners, city-center office, public transport discounts, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring, and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts.
- A structured program to fast track your career and develop your skills.
This role also offers sponsorship, so if you're an experienced Scala Developer from anywhere in Europe, apply or reach out to me direct at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll be in touch!