Senior Scala Developer
Salary – Up to £85,000 depending on experience
My client in Manchester is taking the phone industry by storm and are tackling the big network providers head-on. The phone industry has been built in favour of the big corporations, not the customers for too long and it’s time for a change! My client believes they can create a much more ethical system that offers consumers competitive rates on both sim only deals and handsets without being tied into contracts full of hidden clauses.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for delivering technical delivery of the product roadmap and will have a strong appreciation of software delivery and experience. The team, work in a collaborative and cross-functional environment with the latest technologies to deliver reactive software solutions in an ever-changing industry.
What experience should I have to apply?
- Minimum of three years of commercial experience using Scala
- Good working knowledge of Akka, Akka-HTTP & Kinesis
- Experience applying OOP & Functional programming styles to real-world software engineering problems
- Experience with AWS technologies including but not limited to (Route52, S3, CloudFront, Kinesis, DynamoDB, ECS/EKS etc)
Nice to haves:
- Working experience with the Lightbend Reactive Platform, particularly Scala, Akka & Play!
- Exposure to SMACK stack (Spark, Mesos, Akka, Cassandra & Kafka)
- E-commerce experience with 3rd party client management
- Demonstrable knowledge of software delivery tooling (Atlassian Jira)
- UML modelling using Sparx Enterprise Architect or LucidChart.
If you are a team player by nature and ready to take your next step, I want to hear from you. Interviews can be held via Zoom and we are looking to bring somebody on board ASAP, so only apply if you are happy to start remotely. Please note, this role will be on-site in a fantastic Manchester based location when normality resumes!
Please apply within or drop me your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applicants within the EU who do not require sponsorship will be considered.