Senior Software Engineer (Scala)
Salary – Up to €65,000 dependant on experience
My client has created a Data Activity Manager which is the first of its kind Governance, Compliance & performance solution for Data Science. It automatically connects, collects and learns from all data science relevant activities and provides intelligent dashboards, time-machine and on-the-fly reporting.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will be responsible for microservices interact with different aspects of products, from front-end to system operations and deployment. Your day will be split between shipping features, reviewing code, mentoring, training, and supporting less experienced team members.
You will collaborate with the Product Manager and the VP of engineering daily by holding open discussions around the design and architecture before leading the implementation of ideas into the wider strategic roadmap.
- Microservice orientated architecture
- ReactJS on Frontend
- Postgres, RabbitMQ as backend storage and queuing system
- OrientDB for Graph processing services
- Scala & Go
- Traefik, Consul, Virtualbox, Docker, Azure Cloud.
What experience should I have to apply?
- Minimum five years of extensive development experience of building solid backend services.
- Teaching/Mentoring experience
- Five years building applications in Scala or Go
- Good knowledge of architecture and design principles for distributed systems
- Knowledge of security best practices for web services
- Knowledge of graph processing concepts and algorithms
If you are a team player by nature and ready to take your next step into the exciting space of Data Management, I want to hear from you. Interviews can be held via Zoom and we are looking to bring somebody on board ASAP, so only apply if you are happy to start remotely. Please note, this role will be on site in a fantastic central Milan location when normality resumes!
Please apply within or drop me your CV at email@example.com
Only applicants within the EU who do not require sponsorship will be considered.