|Job title||Senior Scala Developer|
|Location||United States of America|
|Contact name:||Antoni Davis-Phillip|
|Published:||September 20, 2023 3:21|
Job DescriptionSenior Scala Developer (Scala, Akka, Microservices)– up to 180k – Fully remote US
An opportunity to join a well-established business operating across the healthcare industry, as Senior Scala Developer. This position will allow you to not only be a developer, but one that is valued and needed to achieve the wider organisations long term goal. Your skills will be needed to build a range of products for consumers such as web applications and products that track health related issues. The software that you build will have a direct impact on the consumer, and a positive influence on peoples lives.
An opportunity to work for top health care organisations, Senior Scala Developer (Scala, Akka, Microservices). You will be working on a number of projects, helping to create innovative and life improving applications, products and solutions that will aid a global impact. One specific applications that you will be working on, is a progressive web applications that improve the physical and mental health of millions of people, another is one that they have just finished is a to help patients with high cholesterol. Experience with the latest technologies will be ideal, but you will be able to learn more within the role and help evaluate new technologies, suggesting process/system improvements where possible. If you have real passion for technology, drive to make a difference and real spark to impress- then this is the one for you.
- Contribute to or lead a significant part of the implementation and deployment of services within your team.
- Apply principled engineering practices including unit testing, integration testing, continuous integration and, by your example, lead others in your team to do likewise.
- Develop your technical understanding to support and build your career.
- Act as a mentor and an example to others in your team and across the organisation.
Skills (not all essential)
- Scala coding experience
- Functional language programming experience
- Experience creating scalable and reactive web applications with modern frameworks
- Cloud technology experience (AWS)
- Git experience
- TDD or BDD experience
- Ability to demonstrate high-quality coding and testing practices
You will be working in a collaborative and tight-knit team with one vision – to be the best that they can be! They believe that their industry is not only exciting but unique and constantly evolving. Fresh thinking creativity is welcomed and the team have a real drive and passion in knowing that they are making a positive contribution to peoples life. They have a ‘forever learning’ ethos , something they are proud to shout about. You will be provided with a great opportunity to work across several projects in a small, growing development team. You will contribute to having a direct impact on which technology to use per project and communicating that to a technical and non-technical customer. This will provide you with autonomy in the role, but it’s important that you know your stuff too!
- Base Salary up to $180k
- Full autonomy
- Personalised development plans
- Pension plan
Senior Scala Developer (Scala, Akka, Microservices)– up to 180k – Fully remote US