|Job title||Senior Scala Developer|
|Contact name:||Ian Kanewski|
|Published:||January 24, 2023 1:12|
Hiring Scala Engineers $220-$260k Compensation - Remote
We are partnered with a client that is hiring highly experienced functional programming engineers on several backend teams.
The company is a leader in their specific market and we have placed several dozen engineers with them in the US and EU over the last 2 years.
In this role you will:
- Work on highly available and low latency scalable systems dealing with millions of daily users.
- Design and develop the backend systems
- Integrate with other systems and services
- Build clean APIs for frontend integration
- Expand current platform verticals and build out new verticals
- A strong background with functional programming is required for this role. The leadership team consists of some very talented Scala and FP developers.
- 5+ years of overall software engineering experience
- 3+ years experience with functional programming using Scala (preferred), Haskell, or Clojure
- Experience with frameworks such as Cats, Cats Effect, Zio, and Shapeless (or other Typelevel libraries)
- Demonstrated experience with highly available and low latency systems
- Bonus if you have open source or Scala repository contributions
This role is open to full time W2 employment or contractors. We are currently not able to sponsor visas. Candidates must be located in the United States or Canada.