I am working with a company based in Central London looking for a Senior Scala Developer with strong experience in functional programming and a passion for data to join this fast growth tech company. Providing Data and Analytics to their clients to ensure their software teams can perform at their optimum ability, this company are making huge waves in doing their bit for the community.
Your role will be to improve the scalability and observability of their platform and systems and ensuring that everything is to the very best standard. You will not be working in a tedious environment and your ideas will be listened to and implemented to make sure the business is constantly moving in the right direction. You will work with microservices and will be responsible for turning messy big data into compact and relevant small data. Nobody likes working in a chaotic environment, let alone with chaotic big data! You will be working in the product team and will come up with new ways to define and build new metrics that will enable the product to run smoothly.
You should be
- Be truly passionate about Scala
- Confident in your way of working
- Able to work under your own initiative
- Competent and trusted to get on with the job at hand
- Adaptable and able to come up with new ideas
Skills and Experience
· Functional programming with Scala
· Cats, Shapeless, Scalaz, Monix and similar
· Kafka, AWS, Microservices
· Akka Streams and Akka HTTP
· Experience in a big data environment will be a bonus
· Must speak and write in English
If you think you could have what our client is looking for then please reply with an updated CV, your availability and salary expectations and we will get in touch with you straight away!