Our client is a multi-carrier shipping platform that allows customers to compare shipping prices from different services around the world.
An exciting, key role in a high growth start-up, backed by internationally renowned VC’s
Work on and develop microservices, with more than 20 in production and more than 2.8K requests per minute! Based on an event-oriented platform and working mostly in Scala the applications are written in more than 4 programming languages and the company is made up of staff tallying more than 15 different nationalities – DevOps mentality!!
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a ground-breaking solution in an industry in need of change!
- Reporting to the Head of Engineering
- Help define and shape the technical architecture of the systems
- Work within the engineering team and grow the excellence around the JVM platform and cloud technologies.
What you will need (technical requirements):
- 3 years hands-on experience developing Java and/or Scala in a commercial environment.
- At least 1 year using Spring
- Advanced understanding of OOP principles
- Knowledge of FP paradigm
- Experience with Git
- Knowledge of Java 8
- Experience with Spring Framework 4.x.x (very welcome)
- Experience with Docker, Consul, RabbitMQ and other cloud-enabling technologies highly preferred
- Git flow experience will be positively considered
- Competitive salaries
- Free language classes
- Gym membership or private health insurance, 100% free!
- Take your birthday off
- Amazing location in Madrid centre
- Be a part of an international team
- Young upbeat work environment, no suits – t-shirts and converse welcome!
- Many, many more!
Please submit your application and I will be in touch.
Over the past 2.5 years we have now successfully placed over 300 engineers across 17 countries in close to 100 tech companies – I am sure to have at least a few opportunities available that would be of interest.
I look forward to hearing from you.