|Job title||Senior Scala Developer|
|Location||United States of America|
|Contact name:||Reece Meyer|
|Published:||January 4, 2022 4:49|
Signify Technologies Client, a global leader in the Life Sciences industry are currently looking for a Senior Scala Developer with experience in Data engineering.
The client is aiming to create the world’s largest and most comprehensive data platform for published academic research. As part of the client’s data platform the software engineering team’s initial mission is to scope and deliver:
- an effective ingestion, matching and deduplication pipeline for published academic works/articles
- the mechanisms to capture or create effective metadata for the generation of a general and cross-referenced works registry of published research
- the most effective means of exposing this data to clients and other platforms
This is an ambitious project which will deliver significant additional accessibility to academic and scientific research, and enable more effective tracking of the impact of published research. Once this foundation is established there will be possibilities for expanding the capabilities of the new data platform in collaboration with ML and AI experts.
- Delivering reliable and robust software using industry best practices
- Taking an active role in team discussions and discovery activities
- Contributing to the continuous improvement and success of our team
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to achieve our goals
- Presenting technical information to stakeholders
- Coaching and mentoring junior team members
- Practical in-depth experience of developing software with Scala and Kafka.
- Java or Python are a bonus
- Experience and interest in Big Data processing using Apache Spark or similar solutions
- Experience of Apache HBase would be great!
- Practical experience of Event-Driven architectures with Microservices
- Strong knowledge of software engineering design principles and architectures (for example SOLID, REST, microservices, event-driven architectures)
- Experience using AWS services such as EC2, Lambda, EKS and S3
- Knowledge of Helm, Docker and Kubernetes would be useful/nice to have
- Strong experience using CI/CD pipelines such as Jenkins
- Strong experience using testing frameworks such as JUnit
- A good team player mindset who enjoys collaborating and solving problems with others
- Experience of working in Agile projects
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills including communicating complex technical content to a range of audiences
- Hands-on experience with source control systems such as GitHub