The Company -
We are working with a rapidly growing tech product organisation located in the heart of Warsaw, the Silicon Valley of Poland. A multi-national business with offices located in over 15 locations globally. The organisation are actively working on large volumes of data delivering effective market interventions and products.
The Project -
You will join a successful and continuously growing team of developers who are working closely with product managers, data scientists other IT professionals who are based in multiple locations. You will be developing solutions in an Agile environment where you will be consolidating multi-national large volumes of data in to data warehouses. You will be assisting with mentoring more junior programmers and leading them throughout their daily work tasks whilst be heavily involved in system analysis and troubleshooting challenges. Whilst working closely with Architects and Project Managers you will be a crucial developer actively helping with prototyping and configuration of new products.
• Excellent knowledge of Backend development with 5+ years commercial experience
• Minimum of 2 years programming with Scala coming from a Java background
• Hugely beneficial to have commercial experience with Big Data tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Hive etc
• Good knowledge of Scala (coding excerises with Coursera)
• Commercial experience ETL/Batch frameworks
• Experience working on high volumes of data projects
• Excellent understanding of Agile methodology principles
• Good problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills