Signify Technology are working with a globally recognised brand for their New York office. Being the technology leaders of their industry, this client needs top class Data Engineers to join them and start working some of the most used platforms worldwide. This is an extremely exciting opportunity for the right candidate and the chance to work for a hugely successful company who are constantly shaking up the way the industry works.
You will be working on a data platform used by over 100 million users daily. You will be working on several different aspects from working directly on the products features to building and improving the quality and standard of data tools and large-scale data infrastructure. You will be responsible for taking on some extremely complex data problems and finding solutions to combat these problems. Ultimately, you will be making a very real impact in how the global users interact and enjoy this platform.
- Use tools such as Spark, Storm, Scalding, Scio and the Google Cloud Platform to build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines
- Work in continuous integration and continuous delivery environments
- Find new ways to experiment, implement and deliver on new products, working in agile cross functional teams
- Improve data quality by driving optimisation, testing and tooling
- Work closely with other engineers, machine learning pro’s and will be provided with new learning and leadership opportunities constantly
Skills & experience
- Experience working in a product focused environment
- Previously worked for a highly recognised company with a huge volume of users and data
- Experience working with the Hadoop ecosystem, Cassandra and Big Table
- Experience with Spark, Storm and other big data tools
- Experience with data modelling, data access and data storage
- Passionate about data engineering and making a real impact
- Strong problem-solving skills with an analytical mind
- Be able to take ownership of your work and be driven by results
- Able to collaborate with other teams and work in an experimental way
If you think you could have what our client is looking for then please reply with an updated CV, your availability and salary expectations and we will get in touch with you straight away!