Data Engineer - Scala/Python
The tech-stack within this role includes; Python, Scala, Spark, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Redis
You’ll be a valued member of the backend team helping them to continue to provide a professional service to their users.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll be expected to enhance and expand their data processing toolset to support their international expansion effort, while maintaining quality and reliability of their existing data products and services.
This will mean dealing with challenges such as order of magnitude increases in data volumes, assessing quality of data from multiple suppliers and building pipelines and services to match and extract valuable insight from these datasets. You will be working in a team of experienced Software Engineers and Data Scientists building new tools and helping to transform the Fintech industry.
You will be joining an extremely fast-growing company that over the last 3 years has grown by almost 90% each year. They work with over 300 clients in the finance industry including Banks, small starts up and everything in between.
What is in it for you:
- Great base salary.
- Training and development
- 32 days holiday
- Pension scheme.
- Private healthcare
- Optional childcare vouchers.
- Free lunch Fridays and regular beer o’clock.
- Amazing offices in London
- Commercial experience with Python or Scala
- Strong knowledge of data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques
- Data structures and algorithms experience
- Passionate about continued growth and learning opportunities
- Commerical experience with Machine Learning
- The ability to show initiative