Senior Data Engineer – (Python, Scala, Java, Spark, Hadoop)
We are currently working with a company who requires a Senior Data Engineer that has experience with Python, Java, Scala, Spark, Hadoop. It is only expected for the individual to have expert knowledge in either Python, Scala or Java (having more than one is a plus).
The role is a permanent position located in London and as a Senior Data Engineer, you will be expected to lead, design and build complex data infrastructure projects while using distributed systems such as Spark and Hadoop. It will also be expected that the Senior Data Engineer will have strong knowledge in data storage techniques as well as data modelling and data access.
The company develops a business due diligence and information platform which is used by over 400 clients including some notable names in the Fintech and Financial Services industry. They have also had tremendous growth in the past 3 years, making them a well-known and respected name in their industry and pride themselves on having an extremely hardworking and enthusiastic team. Some of the benefits the company is offering are competitive salaries, personal development budget, private health care.
- Require expert knowledge in either Python, Scala or Java (having more than one is a plus)
- Experience using distributed systems such as Spark and Hadoop.
- Well-developed knowledge of data storage techniques as well as data modelling and data access.
- Very good understanding of data structures
- Competitive Salary
- Personal development budget
- Private health care
- 32 days holiday a year (including bank and public holidays along with a Christmas and New Year's)
- Pension Scheme
- Optional childcare vouchers