|Job title||Senior Data Engineer|
|Location||Greater Boston Area|
|Contact name:||Ian Kanewski|
|City:||Greater Boston Area|
|Published:||March 9, 2023 4:22|
Our client is building a data analytics and enterprise intelligence platform that empowers organizations to make intelligent business decisions using AI and cutting-edge big data tools.
We are looking for Senior and Lead Engineers for this team.
About the role:
- You will be on a team that is an integral part of the organization.
- You will interface with data scientists and software developers to design and develop solutions for customers.
- Work with high volume data and write code for data processing at scale
- Utilize open-source big data tools such as Spark, Scala, Hadoop, and Elasticsearch
- Mentor and coach junior engineers on best practices
- 5+ years of experience working with Big Data
- Hands on experience with big data tools (Spark, Hadoop, Elasticsearch)
- Experience coding with Scala, Java, or Python - Scala preferred
- Experience with building data pipelines (ETL and analytics pipelines)
- Demonstrated experience with unit and integration testing and testing libraries such as ScalaTest - ability to provide specific examples of usage is necessary
- Experience or desire to occasionally interface directly with clients and an ability to demonstrate strong technical communication skills
- Data experience in financial services is highly preferred
- Agile and SCRUM experience
- Experience or familiarity with development tooling and DevOps technologies
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science or Mathematics required; Masters or higher preferred
This is a hybrid on-site role requiring 2-3 days in office per week in the Boston office, considerations will be made for exceptional candidates located in NYC.
Please note that we are unable to sponsor Visas or work with third party agencies for this role.