I am working with a focused and passionate tech company with their HQ based in London. They use data and analytics to help their customers make the most of their branding and they are one of the fastest growing companies in their field and they show no signs of slowing down. They partner with some of the biggest digital companies in the world and they now have more than 24 offices across the globe. They have an exciting future ahead of them and they want to share it with you!
Your role as a Senior Data Engineer you will be responsible for building the data platform along with other members of your team. You will come up with solutions to help solve business-critical needs and you will implement these across the platform. You will think of new ways that you can use the data collected to add value to the customers we work with, share these with your team and put them into action.
· 3-4 years of hands on experience with Scala and/or Python for Data Engineering
· Experience with data structures and algorithms
· Experience using Spark to handle large data sets
· Knowledge of AWS
· Have worked with Cassandra and/or Redshift
· SQL, Mongodb
· Experience working with and building Rest API’s
· Have a good understanding of data warehouses
· Come from an algorithmic background, ideally with a Computer Science degree or similar
· Must write clean and scalable code
· Experience working with Agile methodologies
· Must speak and write in English
If you think you could have what our client is looking for and this role sounds like something you could get passionate about, then please contact me for more details!