|Job title||Senior Backend Engineer|
|Contact name:||Max Kanter|
|Published:||September 5, 2022 2:51|
Job DescriptionOur client is a growing start-up in the tech & media space, focused on delivering a positive user experience, and opening up a brand new space in the market. Their mission is to encourage more innovation and connection from their users.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, your responsibilities will be:
- Building and maintaining new features, whilst also striving to improve any current aspects of the system.
- Working together with the development team to improve processes from the outset.
- Using your knowledge and expertise to accordingly direct the team in the direction which can help the business achieve its goal soonest.
- Improving the quality and performance of your own set of microservices.
- Scala (Functional stack - ZIO, cats, cats-effect, doobie), GoLang, TypeScript, Apache Kafka, Amazon Web Services (ECS, S3, ECR, CDK, IVS), PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, Docker
- 4+ years Scala (at least 2 years functional)
- 2+ years AWS
- 2+ years Apache Kafka
- Strong knowledge of Functional Programming, comfortable using new technologies and tools. As well as debugging, profiling, etc.
If you think this opportunity sounds like it could be of interest, and you or anyone you know is looking for this kind of role. Please do not hesistate to apply or reach out to me at email@example.com.