|Job title||Senior Backend Engineer|
|Location||United States of America|
|Contact name:||Ian Kanewski|
|Published:||January 13, 2023 4:01|
Opportunity to join a Y Combinator backed startup company as a Senior Engineer on their integrations team!
We have partnered with a Y Combinator backed start-up company that is transforming the foundation of the employment industry. This company develops innovative products for both employers and employees.
About the team:
Join a team of engineers who are dedicated to finding solutions and are not hesitant to question assumptions. The team is made up of individuals from a variety of backgrounds, each bringing unique abilities to the group. Each team member is enthusiastic about the range and impact of the problems they tackle, and the potential impact their work can have on the workforce.
If you have a passion for simplifying complex issues and creating seamless customer experiences, we want you on the team. We're looking for engineers with a balance of technical and interpersonal abilities, who excel in navigating ambiguous situations, and can turn high-level problems into practical solutions. As a key member of the team, you'll be responsible for coordinating across product, engineering, and support teams to ensure that solutions are tailored to the specific needs of the problem at hand.
What you will do:
- Design, construct, and maintain high-performance services that enhance the data presentation layer
- Lead efforts to expand products by either integrating with existing solutions or developing new ones
- Lead significant greenfield product initiatives that involve multiple teams
- Prioritize daily code deployment, understand roadmap objectives, and write code that is scalable, testable, and maintainable
- Develop, test, and maintain integrations that can perform at scale and meet security standards
- 6+ years of backend development experience working with APIs
- Experience working with cloud provider (AWS preferred)
- System design skills and working with distributed systems
- Familiarity with API authentication and authorization methods like OAuth
- Working knowledge of testing best practices
- Experience with or interest in working in a startup environment
- Demonstrated history of delivering on large projects
- Familiar with leveraging Agile best practices