|Job title||Scala Tech Lead - Scala - Spark - Kafka - AWS|
|Industry:||Leadership, Software Engineering|
|Salary:||Up to 150,000 CHF (Depending on experience)|
|Contact name:||Carl Baird|
|Published:||March 13, 2020 11:49|
This role will allow you to work with the following tech stack: Scala – Spark – Flink – Kafka – Airflow
My client is looking for a Technical Lead who takes ownership of their code, is an expert of system design and is experienced in making technical/architectural decisions. You will be responsible for critical components like data ingestion, monitoring, quality & retrieval. But also required to take the lead on several aspects that impact the whole engineering team, such as CI/CD pipelines, automation, engineering workflows and introducing new technologies. The development team is both autonomous and cross-functional ensuring a continuous variety of challenging problems and tasks.
You will be working with one of the largest and most interesting datasets in the world, using real-time data from over 350 million people across 3 continents. This data is processed in enormous quantities and used to change how the world moves. My client partners with mobile network providers to create smart mobility solutions for different cities around the world by pioneering the way to translate one of the most complex and largest datasets into actionable insights.
- Driving the software architecture, design, development, testing, deployment and running of their data analytics platform that currently processes more than 100 billion events every day.
- Developing Scala, Flink, Spark pipelines and API’s, operating on terabytes of location-based data across several geographical locations.
- Designing and developing both bare-metal and cloud-based solutions, using state of the art technologies, tools and methodologies
Must have skills:
- Experience building large scale data orientated systems or applications
- Professional experience with JVM based languages
- Experience leading technical teams and projects
- Hands-on mentality, positive attitude and excellent English communication skills
- Commercial software development experience with Scala
- Experience with streaming technologies such as Spark Streaming, Apache Flink & Kafka
- Experience developing, deploying and managing distributed applications on cloud platforms
- Experience with container technologies: Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience working with distributed technologies and frameworks
- Flexible work schedule
- Central office location
- Financial childcare support
- Additional company holidays
- Clear career development programs/structure